Instagram @menty_yu

7.8.14

THAI FARMER | HONG KONG


Heading to Wanchai quite often these days because of my new apartment issue, well, it gives me chances to explore 'where-to-go' for eaters. To mention Lockhart Road, what your reaction in brain firstly? I guess some of you will say bars and some say indoor-decoration, and some say... (you know); while I say Thai food. It is not a famous block for Thai cuisine as in Kowloon City, but it matters something in Hong Kong Island.

Lockhart Road, close to bar street side, I have already written up one blog about the street restaurant weeks before (read >>), and now I find another little restaurant there which is featured with North-east Thai food, and most importantly, impresses me a lot by the friendly and tender service.



Coconut Juice $38

My lovely best girl friend & trouble-maker girl & new roommate, has such a big influence on me, too many changes before, and now in the way of fresh coconut juice. After days' coconut juicy experience during her backpacker trip in Southeast Asia, her judgement on the coconut juicy makes sense to not only me, but also to the readers I believe. She said, the coconut this restaurant offered, was not the best compared to Thailand ones, but was in good quality

Papaya Salad $58

I love any salad in Thai style, because those dishes mean fresh, juicy, hot spicy, crispy, tongue-inspiring... I'm obsessed to the Thai chili sauce in such a rich taste of sweet, sour and spicy, and I cannot stop till the dish is finished. And the Papaya Salad from this restaurant doesn't disappoint me.

Green Curry (Chicken) $68

Green Curry with chicken (can also choose from beef/pork) and vegetables, I'm quite satisfied to the purely green color which I seldom find during my recent experience of Thai restaurant. Everything in the curry remains its own feature, like pepper (juicy and fresh), lime (soft and tender), chicken (soft and flavorful). The most importantly, I like the green curry, that is not too coconut-milk focused, not too spicy, but 'curry-enough' :)

Morning Glory $58

Beans, garlic, and morning glory. You will never let it go when it is on your table. Completed pan fried vegetable has a super moisture and soft texture, and it absorbs the tasty soup completely. The only thing I would worry about is, how to stop eating :0


In general, I like this little Thai restaurant. Everything there is normal, normal menu, normal presentation, normal price (this is good); but something is not that normal. I like the cute lady that afternoon, very nice and friendly, very quiet and thoughtful. I like those dishes tasty in a simple way, which brings down the price while remains the quality. 

* Average $145 per head





Thai Farmer

98B, Lockhart Road
Wanchai
Hong Kong
+852 2520 6607

Mon to Sun. 11am - 2.30pm



Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...