Instagram @menty_yu

8.4.15

ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH WHITE CHAMPIGNON AND SHALLOT


Vegetables and mushroom weekend again, and it is totally green day as well. I was trying to buy Brussels Sprouts in the last few weeks (at least 2 weeks!!) in the international market and open wet market around Wanchai area, but in vain! Things always happen when you don't have such a plan! Really!!! I found them in the random look around the frozen counter in the Taste on Queen's Road East, after my regular jogging on Saturday morning. Amazing, and they are just never too cute and attractive in the transparent plastic basket packed by the grass-green bag. The original recipe, 'Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallot with Balsamic Glaze', immediately refreshed in my brain and I made my mind to add some extra items for the lovely green-dinner.




Compared to the original recipe, I had white champignon and sweet potato as additions. For sweet potato, I was considering more on the satisfaction of my stomach, which I did doubt purely taking vegetables and mushrooms for dinner would leads to a 'No-No' scream in the late night by my belly. (You know, greens are just going too fast :P)

Plus, in my and my housewives' kitchen, Rule No.1, always try to use the existing materials or the ones left behind!!! We are always trying to make something impressive by what we have left in the fridge or some corner for stock... In this case, it was Sweet Potato!


Ooops, the green grapes and fresh kiwi juice were just on promotion price, and became my handful snacks during kitchen time :D



Ingredients:
  • A basket of Brussels Sprouts (cleaned and halved)
  • A package of White Champignon (cleaned and halved)
  • About 10 pieces shallot (peeled and halved, as your choice, welcome to take out the core part)
  • 2 normal-size Sweet Potato (optional)
  • Black and White Pepper, Salt, Olive oil / Coconut oil



Cooking:
  • After cleaning and preparing all vegetables and mushroom, I started from the shallots and sweet potatoes first (shallots first between two). Heated up the flat pan with 2 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil), then take about 2mins for the shallots and sweet potatoes until they become glorious by the oil


  • Add Brussels Sprouts into the pan and make everything in its place as possible as you can. Maybe add extra tsp of oil according to the potion you have, and slightly move around the vegetables to make sure some won't be over-burned
  • Until you see some Brussels Sprouts start to turn 'black' or 'brown' in the inner-cut side (it will take only 2mins or even less), add the mushrooms in the pan and try to place everything in a proper heated place again
  • Another 30 seconds / 1min, switch off the fire, and transfer everything into a baking tray; add some pepper and salt (oil could be optional, if you find it too dry)
  • Send into oven for 10-12mins with 250 degree


To serve, you could have some Balsamic Glaze if you like, but I just had some pepper and salt again in table. It was soft but crispy and chewy in the core part; so does the sweet potato. You will love the mushroom! Coz it's totally soften and baked to have an amazing smell and juicy taste, even spread out to other ingredients in your plate. 

It is the easiest and fastest dish to make again, which would be perfect for a healthy and light weekend brunch or dinner :)







Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...