Instagram @menty_yu

14.7.14

DISCOVER YOUR INTEREST ON SEABED | HONG KONG


A lot of my local friends ask me which city I prefer, Shanghai or Hong Kong? and why? Every time, among the list of reasons I give, there must be one, 'Sun, Beach, and Sea in Hong Kong'. I can swim, and I love water (purely blue seawater), while it is unluckily that I cannot jump into Huang Pu River in Shanghai. There are a lot of resources of diving in Hong Kong, the equipment, the coach, the boat, the course about licenses, and the best weather in the long summer time. 



To be an open water diver - nowadays it is not an impossible task, and in fact, a lot of my friends have the licenses already, and they are really enjoying everything they encounter under the water. They fall in love with diving, and keep on upgrade their diving skills and licenses; they grow from starter to professions, and even become coach. 

Right before I went back to Shanghai (early June), I was invited by my friend to form a 3-person group for the 'Experience Course' of diving. We departed from Sai Kung, after one hour up & down on the sea, the large boat took us to the diving location, Tsim Chau. Tsim Chau is famous of clownish, and the depth is no more than 10 meter, which is ideal for starters. I have to say, I always have good luck for outdoor activities! It was a super nice day, plenty of sunshine, and the quality of seawater there, is unexpectedly good that day. The water is quite transparent, and we can see everything clearly even at the seabed.


It is good that we have a very nice and thoughtful coach with her assistant. I and the other 2 friends formed up a zero-experience diving group in the sea, and we learnt and practiced the basic skills on the boat and in the water; grabbing the rope, and made my first dive in my own rhythm. At the seabed, we keep on practicing the basic skills which make me uncomfortable for a second at the first time. But later, all of us are getting better and more relax, and that's the signal to explore the seabed with our coach.


It is quite relaxing and peaceful when you are at the sea bottom. The only sound I sensed was my breath. The slightly cold water, the light grey seabed, the transparent water and those sea creatures I have never touched in the sea before, are such an attraction to me. 

I have never thought about how I would look like when I go for diving at the first time. I can imagine the nerve and fear at the first jump into the sea, at the first practice of diving skills, and at the first move at the bottom. Well, seems it is not difficult as I imagine, and I do love the super calm and peaceful feeling when I was there.

Besides two rounds of diving (45mins per round), we have BBQ on the boat, the cannot-resist movie of Stephen Chow, and a perfect sunbath on the front deck with an open view of Hong Kong's natural view.  





Itchy Fins Divers. Facebook




Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...