Instagram @menty_yu

27.6.15

NOT ONLY CLUBBING | BUNGALOW | HONG KONG


If mentioning Bungalow, you probably won't link it with something about dining but just clubbing. Well, I was the same before I went there for a private dinner recently. Casual French and international menu and the brain behind is from the young Taiwanese Chef, who's creating and trying the modern dining concept.

Imagine the spacious dancing pool is empty and only several dining table around the corners are what the restaurant have at all! The paintings and classical lamps are not only the decoration, but also a door to fantastic atmosphere, just like the candles on the long dining table!



The manager is quite interesting and creative to talk with, and I got one special jasmine-tea inspired cocktail from him. I was very surprised and impressed by the almost-mocktail taste from it, even I was told 1.5 shot of Gin is the base actually, WOW!



Octopus (salad) as the appetizer is what exactly I want for the summer season. Seafood but flavored perfectly - such a stimulating dish. And the presentation is kind of forest feel; I will say it's more autumn shadow with a picture of red leaves laying by layers around the tree root in the deep forest. Maybe that's why I appreciate this dish a lot personally (trying to escape the humid hot summer in Hongkong, at least in my mind).


Another inspiring dish, Tuna Ribbon, the quality of raw tuna is sooooo good and so as the presentation. I like the word, Ribbon, to name this dish, quite into the point and such a smart way to show the French concept behind Bungalow. 

The sauce is very intensive as the sourness it has, while it would be better to reduce the sour level a bit, to leave more performing space to the quality tuna.


Smoked Duck Breast, was my favorite one among the main course that night. Slow-cooked duck breast, is totally out of fat and to be well done but with a perfect level of softness and tenderness. Plus a small mixture of different spices as the sauce, the 'smoked' flavor is more outstanding in a different way.




Capellini, is actually designed for vegetarians, amazing as such a special treatment. The homemade pasta is a bit 'eggy' but I love it; sauce, is just as it should be, to satisfy us. Recommend!!!


A simple lemon tart with vanilla ice cream as the ending of the whole night, sounds not bad.







Shop 2, G/F, The Centrium
60 Wyndham Street
Central, Hong Kong

+852 2623 7868
reservation@bungalow.hk

Mon to Fri. 12nn - 2.30pm
Mon to Sat. 6pm - 10.30pm




Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...