Instagram @menty_yu

21.3.15

EAT IN HK | HONG KONG


Before I continue my normal restaurant review, I want to write some simple words about my real food journey in my every day-time. Not sure I am lucky or not to have my new office location at one of the most local district of Hong Kong, where when you have a random walk there, you are every-second rounded by the very Hong Kong locals, with slippers and pajama (not much this extreme situation), VERY not patient and always loud. Wait!!! Looks quite negative description? half yes, half nope, actually it is Hong Kong, the real one, and I do appreciate those neighbors who are maybe not that rich or educated, but they are real persons, and they deliver good stuff by their heart! 

That's why those areas, in general, have the highest density of good local restaurants.



The photo might be familiar to many of you, coz it is not the first I post it, and I believe it is quite frequent-showing-up 'face' on instagram/facebook/local website, regarding to the old Hong Kong style sandwich with beef and egg. Yes, it is in Shum Shui Po! Besides electronic malls and street, local food also brings this area great fame.

Fresh made white bread, add $1 to pan-fried the surface till golden crispy; inside, there is simply mixture of egg and beef in red brown and golden yellow. It is not featured by the thick egg, instead, hot, juicy & flavorsome, are the three elements make this beef & egg sandwich outstanding.


新香園(堅記)
Address: 38A Kweilin Street, Sham Shui Po



It's bread-day!!! Cocktail bun (雞尾包), coconut tart (椰撻), and sweet donut (沙翁), for locals they won't be anything special, but for expats, I will highly recommend them! Come on, new Hongkongers, don't stick to your original diet, if you are now in Hong Kong, at least give a try :D

I guess, the least difference one would be the donut, which a bit similar to American's donut, Russian style, and I guess a lot of people will jump out to claim its original story :P
This one is a little different from the average-quality ones among Hong Kong's; really less-less oily, is my point, which I was so happy today after I finished one small slice of it, I didn't have a 'over-fuel' feeling. Cocktail bun, is also perfect, with more than enough filling and full of butter scent (but better to take it when it's just taken out from the oven at the shop!). Coconut tart, is a little disappointed for its less coconut flavor and too much flour...


快樂餅店
Address: 106 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai







It's my second time to visit Burgerman, and this time, classical Cheese Burger, to energize the whole afternoon in the workday. The burger bun is still, not that satisfied to me for I'm more in the rough & hard burger bread. Sauce and salad, actually, can be ignored; but the cheese and beef & pork burger meat are really well-done during that lunch visit. The melted cheese was perfectly cover the sinked into the soft & juicy meat; very intensive beef taste meanwhile a little sense of pork to make it taste sweeter and milder.


Burgerman
Address : 65-71, Yen Chow Street, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone : 852 2361 1330





The beauty of Hong Kong is, on the side of the street, you have a punch of expats and locals enjoying the modernest contemporary cuisine in the famous restaurants; just cross the street, you have the quite local restaurant/bakery, the 70's owner are ready to finish the whole day's business and go home for his family. Western & Eastern, Modern & Traditional!


Next chapter, let's see some bars...





Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...