Instagram @menty_yu

9.9.14

SUNDAY BRUNCH | BLUE BUTCHER | HONG KONG


Blue Butcher Bar & Restaurant, is one of the hottest brunch place in Hong Kong Island since it launched the Sunday brunch with its awarded cocktails and signature burgers. I was there once night with friends, and try a little of their famous steak and lamp chop which have already impressed me a lot. And this Sunday I came back to Blue Butcher again for their hot-picked Sunday Brunch. It is only offered on every Sunday, and with a very thoughtful service of kid playful drawing paper on the table perfectly for a family long weekend, it is always booked out almost 1 month before. The price is the same as another restaurant under the same group, but this one has more focus on red meat and regular salads, plus a raw-style live band performance throughout the whole brunch section, giving a cool and unique brunch experience.



It occupies two floors building on Hollywood road (with Classified as its neighbor), with one little bar and limited outdoor tables downstairs and more classic standard dining tables upstairs. The overall indoor atmosphere is darker, cooler, punk-cooler. I was considering it not a family (with little kids) brunch place, while to my surprise, even half of tables were occupied by large family domestic and expats, and those kids seemed quite happy with the restaurant indeed.


Sangria 

A big glass of Sangria, has been my must-do action during brunch or afternoon tea recently; I have no idea how and when it happens, but I guess it's coz of Spanish restaurants I have visited so frequented. Anyway, that qualifies me enough to say something about Sangria regarding to my experience of different Sangria whatever red, white or rose. 

Blue Butcher's tasted drier and stronger while without the lack of fruity freshness, which in comparison, is my type, because indeed when I order Sangria, I'm still expecting a glass of liquid/alcohol instead of drink. 


Their free-flow salads bar is awesome to me, even it's only covered with regular salads, but still I can find some specials among them or even hidden inside the so-looking-ordinary salad. For example, Salmon Salad, is actually made with home-smoked salmon which tasted sticker, more moisture and smoker. Ham & Melon is nothing special, but Ham with Compressed Watermelon plus Feta Cheese, this combination is quite fresh to everyone, and it turned out fresher than ordinary one and the Shaved Spanish Ham could performed much better when the watermelon was just light and less sweet enough in taste. My favorite is Belgium Endive with Candied Bacon, Stilton (bluecheese), Orange and Truffle dressing. This was the least attractive looking salad I admit, while to me, it was the best, for its flavorsome truffle taste, a balance moisture level of salad with dressing sauce, an outstanding cheese taste, and beautiful experience of hard bacon cubes. Besides, other salads you also won't to miss, or at least have one small bite; they could be Raw Tuna, Prime Sirloin Steak, Buffalo Cheese with Tomatoes or Chicken with Walnuts.

Fresh-made Foie Gras

Belgium Waffle

Not satisfied? I won't be surprised that you feel that, but I either won't worry about you won't find this problem won't be solved. Just next to the live band and bar, there were two connected separated stations, one for savory (fresh-making foie gras), the other for sweet (Belgium waffle). They are free-flow, yes, if you want you could try a waffle burger with foie gras...

Considering the charge of this Sunday Brunch, Foie Gras was really a cool offer. With some bread paste, it was greasy, juicy, mouth-watering, delicious enough, while if you mind it too fatty, just add one more layer of their homemade cherry or apple jam (very delicious) while personally, I won't recommend to do it, because I won't let the taste of foie gras go (too evil I know, well I would take another piece of bread with jam) :DDD

Regarding to the Belgium Waffle, it was awesome. Beautiful looking, fresh made and fresh bites, fluffy and eggy taste and do whatever you prefer with chocolate, vanilla, maple syrup, berries, light cream, and ALL HOMEMADE!!!! (well, again personally, I prefer harder and crisper and even a bit over-baked style waffle :P)

Wagyu Beef Burger / Tomato Jam / Balsamic Onions / Smoked Gouda Cheese / Truffle Aioli / Fries (Extra)

Dry Aged Roast of The Day

Half Free Range Chicken / Pearl Onion / Baby Carrots (Extra)

Coming to main course which is included upon per order, and I was wooed about huge potion when our orders came. Basically all are offered with a wide selection ranged from simple egg cuisine, roasted chicken to awarded Wagyu burger and even steak. 

I was, for sure, buying Blue Butcher's Wagyu Burger. Its crispy burger bread was my favorite part which perfectly showed burger's taste vertically. Then it was the pink Wagyu beef with such a softened and juicy middle-layer. The beauty of this burger was the balance it gave, in the flavor of beef and truffle, the taste of cheese and tomato jam and the texture of bread; every part was a bit outstanding but not too overwhelming, and came to a harmony at the end.

Having been feed up with rich salads and awesome foie gras, waffle, you could imagine how much space left for the main course, I couldn't tried a lot steak either chicken, but I would like to say they were not bad, especially the chicken with an impressive softness. 

Mango & Passion Fruit Sorbet / Vanilla Scented Berries

Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding / Rum Banana Ice Cream

Including into the Brunch menu, we still have one dessert out of three on the menu, and started from the freshest one, Sorbet. It was featured in passion fruit flavor while a bit lost in mango one, overall giving a strong tropical fruit taste in a high sweetness and sourness. I was more in the Chocolate one, which was paired perfectly with creamy but light Rum Banana Ice Cream. It looked so similar to brownie, while it was much more moisture inside, which was really like what its name, Bread & Butter Pudding. I love this strong and less sweetened chocolate flavor, and if you are looking for fresher but maybe sweeter experience, the ice cream could be a nice make-up with decent banana taste while still fresh and milky creamy.


* Average $390 per head plus 10% service charge, and only available on every Sunday split into two time session from 12nn to 2.30pm.







108 Hollywood Road
Central
Hong Kong

+852 2613 9286
(Reservation lines are open from 11am to 10pm daily)
reservation@bluebutcher.com

Mon to Sun. Lunch 12nn onwards | Dinner 7pm onwards
Sun. Brunch 12nn - 2.30pm




Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...