Instagram @menty_yu

10.1.14

Popular Taiwan Herbal Jelly Dessert | Shanghai


Herbal Jelly is quite typical Taiwanese dessert. I remember my first herbal jelly experience is from Taiwanese milktea shop. Guessing many people has tried many times. Herbal jelly has a kind of strange flavor to me, a little bitter but fresh like fake mint. It's quite summer food for its natural cooling-down feeling when you 'swollen' it. I have no idea why there are no specialized Taiwanese herbal jelly shop in Hong Kong, while luckily when I come back home, I have a lot of choices (and super cheap) in Shanghai. MeetFresh (鮮芋仙)is one of them, and probably the first Taiwanese Herbal Jelly shop in Shanghai, thus it earns great first-entry advantage to be popular now.



MeetFresh belongs to brother&sister Fu, originated from Taiwan. The simple-minded lovely people just insist hand-making, that's why those taro balls can be sooooo chewy. Simply, they only serve Taro Ball Dessert, Herbal Jelly Dessert and Tofu Pudding Dessert. You can select the toppings separately or choose from No.1-6, each one is a combination of three toppings. 

What I normal have are, taro, pearl barley, red bean and herbal jelly. To me, this combination never disappoints me. They just give a slightly sweet flavor by pouring some liquid sugar, just balance the herbal bitter taste. Red beans, awesome, super soft and honey-sweet; sweet potato, even mouth-melted; lovely pearl barley is completely 'nourished' by liquid, rich texture and fresh.





* There are many branch stores in Shanghai, probably located from central business area to even normal neighborhood. Just search while you have Internet or try to find it in B1/2 of those big shopping malls in Shanghai.

Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...