Instagram @menty_yu

5.4.15

GRILLED CATFISH FILLET WITH ROASTED ZUCCHINI & PAPAYA SALAD


I was starting to search and experiment some recipe recently for the concern of healthier and personalized diet, also, to keep myself occupied in the weekend's daytime. Actually I am even busier than weekdays in the weekends, for the work-out routine; but to have something new to study and try, searching in the fresh wet market and sometimes to change the ingredients in the original recipe I have, are such a happy thing to me.

It was a weekend of my own for my two lovely housewives going for their Singapore vacation. Then I decided to have something really green and white! I love fish, whatever from river or sea, and I prefer fish with less or no bones (that means more sea fish), just because I am too lazy and was nearly 'dead' several times by taking river fishes. For the greens, I was inspired by the recipe of Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic Glaze, which I was failed to find the main ingredient (Brussels Sprout) in the international supermarket near my place, so a totally change happened with a random pick-up action by me. It's organic zucchini (finally I know what zucchini looks like, I had several times of mix-up experience of zucchini with cucumber or eggplant... Shame on me!), green pepper, pea sprouts, shallot and one of my favorits, papaya!!!




I roasted the pea sprouts with other vegetables together for around 20-25mins, so basically I was not considering to take those thin sprouts as edible ingredient, for the too much heat and too long time in the oven. As my next day's re-taking experience, I used some fresh raw pea sprouts to make the salad, which is better for the fresh taste, but I do think pea sprouts have a unique grass-like taste which in Chinese, we describe this experience as "Cow-Eating-Grass", so I guess if you don't like this taste, you can simply take out it or replace it with other vegetables you like.


Catfish Fillet is the most frequently used in our kitchen, which is cheap in the local market, super easy to get and always full of stock. The fish is always tender and soft with some healthy fish fat, but more protein-rich texture. We prefer oven-made more than pan-fried ones to keep the sauce and to use the steamed water to achieve kind of slow-cooked effect on the fish. The sauce is just as simple as the little kid can do it; they are olive oil, ground chilli powder, herbs, black & white pepper, salt and maybe a little lemon dips, as my version; as my housewives', they might add some mayonnaise paste on the top for the richer taste. For the fish, it's 15-20mins in oven, with a loose cover of Aluminium foil sheet.



Ingredients (Roasted Zucchini & Papaya Salad):
  • 2 big Zucchini, peeled & sliced (no need too thin slice)
  • 7-8 pieces of shallot, cleaned & peeled, cut into halves and take out the two top points
  • 1 small package of pea sprouts, cleaned
  • 1-2 normal size green pepper, cleaned & sliced
  • 1 small-size papaya, peeled and chopped

Cooking:

Place the sliced zucchini and green pepper on the foil sheet as flat as possible (not layered); fill up the space by chopped shallot and casually lay the pea sprouts on the top. Add olive oil by a slow and stable movement to make sure the whole plate is touched. On top, add some black & white pepper and salt, you can add just a little, coz we can always tailor-made personal salty & spicy level when having it. Send to oven for about 20mins in 250 degree, but better to check it when it's 15mins; once the zucchini has soft and juicy looking, it's done. To serve, add some fresh chopped papaya on the top, or mix it before serving.



Ingredients (Grilled Catfish Fillet)
  • Defrost Catfish fillet, cleaned (to keep the fish skin or not, up to personal preference)

Cooking:

Place the fish fillet on the foil sheet, add olive oil in a slow-stable movement to just make sure the surface is mostly covered. Add some black & white pepper, salt, dry herbs and dry chilli powder on the surface too. Fold the foil sheet loosely to keep some air going in & out. Send to oven for 15mins in 250 degree.




It's super simple to make in 10mins (preparation time) and I promise to be delicious and healthy :D







Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on other networks through Home Page links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...