Instagram @menty_yu

16.1.13

Chinese-flavor in Memory【Regal Hongkong Hotel】

Dont think that I am a pure and boring food blogger, just keep searching food and writing. Actually a lot of food bloggers are spending their day and night spare time on blogs, when they are off-work/ on the way/ or whatever engaged by some issues. It's not an easy work, right?

Compared with them, I'm already very relax. You may guess, as a master student (just graduate), except being a lib-girl, and food-lover, what other roles I'm playing?

Well, that's one part, a good-heart girl, passionate with community service delivery and, related social activities. Here again, sharing the latest luncheon activity as a guest there. Again Regal Hotel.
(Maybe you have already recognized by some of my blogs regarding to Regal Hongkong Hotel 1&2  ^*^)

Although this is a post for in-hotel restaurant review, I'm so glad to share with you, I and my team member, two girls, just successfully raise $4,000 funding for our community service project. So kindly these successful businessmen and businesswomen, full of society responsibility.


海鮮豆腐羹, seafood broth with bean curd, Chinese traditional soup, Regal Hotel

Soup is always a good start for a meal, a tradition what you could find whatever in Asia countries or Western countries. Sweet bean curd could be an amazing dessert, while salty-taste bean curd could be made to be a good traditional Chinese soup, so tradition that, I can promise you have tried many times at home, made by your mother, or father, or your grand-parents. Do you AGREE?

Yes, even made by a chef from in-hotel restaurant, it just looks so family-like, with a little thick texture, snow-white bean curd floating on the top, some greens and some shrimps under. The flavor is mainly salty with lightly pepper taste, a kind of seafood feeling because of those little shrimps which are normally covered with some salts and drain away the water, a popular way to preserve seafood. Although it looks thick, it tastes just 'al dente' thus you'll never feel 'uncomfortable'. LOL i just recall some of my memory about similar bean curd soup made by my lovely mother in Shanghai. There are several times; my mother made the soup too thick, just not like a dish rather than soup; you can even mix it with rice for a simple meal!

fillet, grilled mushrooms, smoked chicken, fried rice

Maybe it is really a business lunch set, and more importantly, a Chinese signature meal; we have three main courses with rice in one time; but it really looks attractive, at least to me! Want to know Why?

No. 1 Fried Rice with Shrimps and Assorted Meat (鮮蝦錦繡炒飯). It's always a long time for me to have a good bowl of rice, and Chinese rice, not Japanese rice or Thai rice; and it is well-cooked. You know you can rarely find good rice in those Chinese restaurants along the street. This bowl of golden-color rice, is dried enough, not greasy, not oily, with a balanced lightly yellow look; a little greens just makes it not boring-look. The best part is those fresh shrimps and assorted meat, just strengthen the flavor of rice. No. 2 Sauteed Garoupa Fillet and Pine Seed with Black Bean Sauce(豉汁崧子炒斑球). Black bean sauce always could add lightly sweet and bean flavor to the dish except salty. Garoupa fillet is lighted fried before sauteed with sauce, thus it is crispy outside but soft inside. Pine seed is just a decoration, while I really enjoy chewing these little seeds; just again, recall my nice memory of one famous and popular Shanghai dish- Sweet Perch and Pine Seed (崧子鱸魚).

Grilled Mushrooms with Oyster Sauce(紅燒大蘑菇) & Smoked Chicken with Tea Leaves Flavour (茶皇燻雞). Actually, I think these two dishes are too oily; the oyster sauce is thick and over-salty, just cover the original flavor of mushrooms; Tea leaves are always used in Chinese dished to create a special taste of tea flavor, eg. Wu-loon Fried Rices/ Green Tea Leaves Fried Shrimps, however, I cannot find tea flavor and the smoked chicken is cooked too greasy and oily. 

fresh fruit platter, melon,

Last, we have a Fresh Fruit Platter, to fresh you up and makes you feel balanced after those main courses.  Personally, I am not a Chinese restaurant or Chinese food lover (respectively compared to western dishes); the biggest reason is oily, although I admit, western dishes are not less oily. While, I just cannot stand it, and it is much easier for my stomach to be uncomfortable. But I am a Chinese, the desire for rice, is like a gene in my deep soul. Every several wks or months, I will have a sooooo strong desire for Chinese rice or Chinese dishes, especially fried rice, SiChuan hot pot, Shanghai sweet dishes, etc. 
Such a strange phenomena!!! 





Thanks for holders of this luncheon meeting!
Really enjoy the meal & the speaker's excellent sharing!


 Related Reading: 

Address: Regal Hong Kong Hotel, Causeway Bay, Hongkong

Please give a LIKE to my Facebook Page !
You can also fine me on Weibo/ Twitter/ Google+/Instagram/ Openrice/ Ufood/ 163Blog 
through Home Page links.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...